Monday 18 April 2011

I am very confused today and a bit fucked off as well. I know allot of people rant about these thing, but seriously world WTF?
Okey everybody that knows me also know that I'm not very skinny, neither am I fat I am just in the wasteland in between.
Anyway, last week I went out to find myself a pair of new jeans/trousers (I haven't worn trousers in year because non of them will fit me, simple as that). So I went to a few different places, but like always nothing fits. I walk out of my house with good self-esteem and came back with none. So I thought ok f*ck this and swallowed my pride and ordered clothes from a plus-size online shop (?) Today the clothes arrived, and hear this, according to various size guides I am supposed to be a size 18 (EU 46) ?!!!?!?!??!?!?!??!!!!!!!! And I thought that I can't possibly be that deluded so I ordered a size 16. And today then, the freaking clothes look like TENTS!!! And I am supposed to be even a size bigger than that? Is it just me or is there something wrong with the size guides maybe? Ans the fact that this f*cked up society even can get me to think that I am a plus-size because nothing fits me in the shops is even more screwed!
H&M used to be my favourite shop of all times. If I couldn't find anything anywhere else, then I could always find SOMETHING in H&M. But what they've done now disgusts me. First of all everyone knows that H&M's sizes have become extremely small lately, I've got old tops from H&M size 12 (EU38) that I can still wear, but if I try that size on today I can barely get them over my hands. So what they have done now is that that have translated all the sizes wrong size 12 is now a size 40, size 14 is 42, size 16 is 44 and size 18 (which then don't sell at all) is 46. So there! Make "big people" (a.k.a. normal people) fell bigger than they are and still not be able to fit in to your freaking clothes.
I like the skin I am in but every day you get fed with these skinny almost boy looking girls, and told that this is the way you should look. Well I have had enough and I only got one thing to say BIG IS BEAUTIFUL.
VS    
The girls on the left is the ideal for run-way models today and the two girls on the right are considered plus-size models. Can you see where things went wrong here or is it just me?

I much prefer to look at models like Whitney Thompson and Crystal Renn to Kate Moss and similar models...

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with skinny people I just think that media is giving us "big" girls the wrong message and that no matter what you look like you should love the skin you're in.

That's enough ranting for one day.

/Emz

No comments:

Post a Comment